MEDICAL DOSIMETRY PROGRAM
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older prior to orientation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and have graduated from a JRCERT accredited Radiation Therapy program with a 3.0 or higher.
- Students with a Bachelor’s Degree and have taken Anatomy & Physiology I & II, a minimum of 1 semester of physics and a minimum of 1 semester of calculus with a grade of 3.0 or higher and an overall GPA of 3.0.
*Preference is given to candidates with prior healthcare experience
- Applicants must be in good mental and physical health, free from any physical handicaps which would interfere with their work. Ultimately, individuals must meet the Technical Standards for Admissions listed for each program (see below).
Applicants must have completed a recognized high school or equivalent. Individuals who attended an online high school, or who were homeschooled, should contact the Admissions Department to determine their eligibility to enroll
This policy outlines the technical standards that each applicant/student must be able to accomplish.
Each applicant/student must be able to:
- Visually monitor patients from outside of the treatment room.
- Read digital readout devices on machine controls and gantry.
- Review films for evaluation purposes.
- Visually observe the patient’s clinical status.
- Orally communicate clearly with patients and co-workers
- Hear patient communications from a distance of ten feet away.
- Hear patient and/or co-worker in the darkened treatment room.
- Assist patients onto treatment couch from wheelchair or stretcher.
- Respond to emergencies in a timely fashion.
- Observe, recognize and report on non-verbal reactions from a patient.
- Stand or walk in order to perform job functions throughout the day.
Any applicant who does not meet the technical standards as outlined above is ineligible for admission to the school.
Any student whose status changes while enrolled and no longer meets the technical standards outlined above may not be allowed to continue to progress through the program.