Online. On Campus. On Your Time
CAHE’s Paramedic Program is now offered in a new hybrid/online format. It follows a convenient quarterly schedule, aimed to accommodate work schedules and provide more flexible schedule options to students.
The Program is offered in either a Full-Time (12 months) or Part-Time (18 months) schedule options, and consists of the following components:
1) Lectures – to be completed via a virtual classroom or by attending the session on-campus (Student’s Choice) – Lectures (virtual and on-campus): meet two to three (2 to 3) times per week and range between 1 and 3 hours each session.
2) Labs – to be completed on-campus
Labs are offered in a variety of options to provide students with maximum schedule flexibility:
- Option 1: The lab meets once a week for up to 3.5 hours
- Option 2: The lab meets every other Sunday for 6 – 7 hours (available only for February and September start dates)
- Option 3: The lab meets at the end of each quarter, for one week ( 5 to 6 days) of Boot Camp
3) Clinical rotations – to be completed at affiliated hospitals and ambulance agencies
- Full time students are required to complete 16-24 hours of weekly clinical rotations concurrently with their lecture and lab coursework.
- Part-time students are required to complete 24-36 hours of weekly clinical rotations during Quarters 3 and 6 (during which they will not have any lecture and lab coursework). All required lecture and lab coursework will be completed in Quarters 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Weekly Schedule: CAHE’s Paramedic Program lecture and lab sessions will be offered as follows:
Daytime Lectures and Lab Sessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9AM – 5PM.
Evening Lectures and Lab Sessions: Any evening during the week between the hours of 6PM – 10PM.
Actual Lecture and Lab session hours vary by quarter. For each lecture and lab, students will have the option to choose from two (2) available sessions that will be offered on a weekly basis.
*Pending DOH Approval
November 24, 2020 (Orientation)
Begins: November 30, 2020 (First day of class)
Ends: November 2021
Begins: November 30, 2020
Ends: May 2022
Begins: February 2021
Ends: February 2022
Begins: February 2021
Ends: December 2022
Center for Allied Health Education
1401 Kings Highway
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Students are additionally required to complete up to twenty four (24) hours of rotations per week in order to remain on schedule to qualify for graduation.
Center for Allied Health Education is proud to offer a Paramedic program to students throughout New York, as well as across other parts of the USA, from our headquarters in Brooklyn. We proudly serve students in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Nassau County, and beyond.