Online. On Campus. On Your Time
CAHE’s Paramedic Program is offered in a hybrid/online format. It follows a convenient quarterly schedule, aimed to accommodate work schedules and provide more flexible schedule options to students.
The Program is offered in either a Full-Time (12 months) or Part-Time (18 months) schedule options, and consists of the following components:
1) Lectures – to be completed via a virtual classroom or by attending the session on-campus (Student’s Choice) – Lectures (virtual and on-campus): meet two to three (2 to 3) times per week and range between 1 and 3 hours each session.
2) Labs – to be completed on-campus
Labs are offered in a variety of options to provide students with maximum schedule flexibility:
- Option 1: The lab meets 1-2 days a week for up to 3.5 hours
- Option 2: The lab meets the majority of Sundays for 6 – 7 hours (Sunday option available for February and September start dates only)
- Option 3: The lab meets at the end of each quarter, for one week, or 5-6 consecutive days (Boot Camp)
3) Clinical rotations – to be completed at affiliated hospitals and ambulance agencies
- Full time students are required to complete 16-24 hours of weekly clinical rotations concurrently with their lecture and lab coursework.
- Part-time students are required to complete 24-36 hours of weekly clinical rotations during Quarters 3 and 6 (during which they will not have any lecture and lab coursework). All required lecture and lab coursework will be completed in Quarters 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Weekly Schedule: CAHE’s Paramedic Program lecture and lab sessions will be offered as follows:
Daytime Lectures and Lab Sessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9AM – 5PM.
Evening Lectures and Lab Sessions: Any evening during the week between the hours of 6PM – 10PM.
Actual Lecture and Lab session hours vary by quarter. For each lecture and lab, students will have the option to choose from two (2) available sessions that will be offered on a weekly basis.
Begins: September 9, 2021
Ends: August 2022
Begins: September 9, 2021
Ends: March 2023
*As with all new start dates, the course has been submitted to the Department of Health for approval and is presently pending approval.
Center for Allied Health Education
1401 Kings Highway
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Students are additionally required to complete up to twenty-four (24) hours of rotations per week in order to remain on schedule to qualify for graduation.
Center for Allied Health Education is proud to offer a Paramedic program to students throughout New York, as well as across other parts of the USA, from our headquarters in Brooklyn. We proudly serve students in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Nassau County, and beyond.