Become a Part of a Surgical Team
MISSION & GOALS
Center for Allied Health Education has made a firm commitment to the education of students in the field of Surgical Technology. Our mission is the training of Surgical Technologists who are skilled individuals, qualified by technical education, to provide surgical services.
Center for Allied Health Education offers a program of Surgical Technology education at the certificate level.
To graduate, students must have:
- Completed all didactic objectives including: passing all courses by achieving a minimum passing grade
- Completed all clinical objectives including: clinical performance and competency, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, communication skills, professional development and growth.
The program identifies benchmarks to provide a standard by which the effectiveness of the program in achieving its goals can be evaluated. An assessment/effectiveness plan is in place and can be obtained from the program director.
Upon graduation, students will receive a certificate of completion.
Specifically, our objectives are to have our graduates perform effectively by:
- Applying knowledge of safety for patients, self, and others
- Applying knowledge of anatomy and surgical techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures
- Applying knowledge of surgical equipment and procedures to accurately assist during a procedure
- Exercising discretion and judgment in the performance of surgical procedures
- Working collaboratively as a team member
- Recognizing emergency patient conditions and initiating lifesaving treatment within their scope of practice