1. On April 21st, 2020, CAHE signed and returned to the Dept. the Certification and Agreement for the HEERF Emergency Relief Fund. Pursuant to Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, no less than 50 percent of the total funds received, have been made available to students.
2. The total amount of Grant monies received was $318,982.00.
3. The total amount of the Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students as of the date of this post is $123,653.56.
4. The estimated total number of students at CAHE, eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the HEA of 1965, and thus eligible to receive the Emergency Financial Aid Grants is 415.
5. As of the date of this update, the total number of students who have received the Emergency Financial Aid Grant is 286.
6. CAHE Financial Aid Office ran a report of all active students in eligible programs and compared it with the list of 2019-2020 ISIRs. The institution then decided to equally divide the grant funds to qualified students who expressed need.
7. On May 1st, 2020, CAHE Financial Aid Office emailed students through the student portal a notice of the grant, and the eligibility criteria under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and instructions on how to complete the FAFSA, if they needed to. On May 15th, 2020, students with a FAFSA on file, were emailed detailed information and a link to a Jotform, to certify need and eligibility for the Emergency Grant. On May 21st, 2020, a text message reminder was sent to those, who were deemed to be eligible, but hadn’t attested to need. On June 3rd, 2020, another email through the student portal was sent to active students, allowing more of them to benefit from the grant. On June 10th, the final email was sent to students, letting them know that the last deadline would be June 12th, 2020. 332 total students were deemed eligible and expressed a need for the Emergency Financial Aid Grant. 90 percent of the funds set aside for students (50 percent of the total), or $143,543.52, were equally divided, and checks were issued by June 19th, 2020, in the amount of $432.36 each, ready to be distributed to students in person on June 22nd, 2020. The Business Office emailed students through the portal to pick up the checks, or to let the school know if they preferred to receive the checks via USPS. The remaining funds (10%), will be made available to students who were eligible, missed the deadlines, and later expressed need.
Questions regarding this grant may be directed to the Financial Aid, or Student Finance departments.