DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2023
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older prior to orientation.
- Applicants must be in good mental and physical health, free from any physical handicaps which would interfere with their work. Ultimately, individuals must meet the Technical Standards for Admissions listed for each program (see below).
- Applicants must have completed a recognized high school or equivalent. Individuals who attended an online high school, or who were homeschooled, should contact the Admissions Department to determine their eligibility to enroll.
This policy outlines the technical standards that each applicant/student must be able to accomplish.
Each applicant/student must be able to:
- Lift more than 50 pounds routinely.
- Push and pull routinely.
- Bend and stoop routinely.
- Have full use of both hands, wrists and shoulders.
- Distinguish audible sounds.
- Adequately view sonograms, including color distinctions.
- Work standing on their feet 80% of the time.
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured.
- Assist patients on and off examining tables.
- Communicate effectively with patients and other health care professionals.
- Organize and accurately perform the individual steps in a sonographic procedure in the proper sequence.
- Any applicant who does not meet the technical standards as outlined above is ineligible for admission to the school.
Any student whose status changes while enrolled and no longer meets the technical standards as outlined above may not be allowed to continue to progress through the program.