Institutional Information & Policies

Is Center for Allied Health Education Accredited?
The Center for Allied Health Education is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), a national accrediting body for schools specializing in allied health programs that is recognized by the US Department of Education. Click here for additional information on institutional and programmatic accreditation.
Does the Center provide Career Advisement and Placement Assistance? How can I find out what kind of jobs graduates get?

The Center assists students in preparing for entry into their chosen career. Students are given assistance through formal and informal means, including but not limited to, resume writing, interview skills and presentations and discussions regarding expected behavior and attitudes of healthcare professionals.

The Center provides assistance to students, at the time of graduation, to obtain entry-level positions in their respective fields. However, while placement assistance may be provided, it is understood that Center for Allied Health Education cannot promise or guarantee employment to any student or graduate.

General information about the careers represented by the Center's educational programs can be obtained from the Occupational Outlook Handbook of the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics

Where can I find the crime statistics and other campus safety information for the Center?
Each year the Center reports campus crime statistics to the US Department of Education as required by the Clery Act. For a copy of the Annual Security Report, click here.
What are the Center's policies concerning drugs and alcohol on campus?
The Center has zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol on campus and all enrolling students must agree that he or she will be subject to random drug screenings during their enrollment.
What is the Center's Drug Screening Policy?
All students, without promises of immunity or threats of coercion must have a drug screening conducted by a physician prior to the first day of clinical rotations. Should a student refuse to conduct a drug screening or the student submits an unacceptable urine sample or the screening comes back positive; the student’s enrollment into the program will be rescinded.

Once enrolled in the program, students may be given a drug screening at any time in the program including but not limited to:
  • Random drug screening tests by Center for Allied Health Education (CAHE) and/or any of its clinical affiliates
  • During the clinical clearance process at a specific clinical affiliate
  • Students enrolled for more than one year: As part of their annual physical, prior to beginning their senior year. A student must complete and be cleared after their annual physical, prior to the first day of class, in their senior year.

The following is the process for the drug screenings listed above:
  • Any student who refuses to conduct a drug screening test when requested by Center for Allied Health Education or any of its affiliates, or submits an unacceptable urine sample may face disciplinary procedures, up to and including dismissal from their program.
  • Any student who fails a drug screen test:
    If a student fails a drug screening administered at a clinical affiliate the student will be placed on clinical suspension and will be sent to a facility approved by Center for Allied Health Education to be retested. The student will not be allowed to return to clinic until they have been cleared by the above facility. (If the test is positive see below.)

    If a student fails a drug screening administered (whether the student is being tested randomly, retested because they failed a drug screening administered at a clinical affiliate, or during their annual physical) the student will be suspended from clinical rotations for thirty (30) days. At the end of the suspension period, the student will be required to repeat their drug screening at an approved facility. In addition, the student will be required to sign an agreement that they will remain drug free. Should a student not receive medical clearance after their repeat drug screening, they will be terminated from the program unless they seek treatment and provide proof of successful completion of an addiction treatment program. Students must receive approval for a treatment program prior to enrolling in it, if that program will be used as the basis for re-entry into the Center. Should a student seek treatment, they may be required to take a leave of absence or withdraw while in treatment.
Are there any immunization policies at the Center?
The Center requires that students get immunization for certain infectious diseases. The Center's immunization policy can be downloaded here.
What services are available for individuals with disabilities?
The Center will make every reasonable effort to accommodate students who disclose physical and intellectual disabilities upon enrollment. Prospective students should be aware that each program offered by the Center leads to employment in fields where certain physical abilities are essential. The Center's policy for Services for Students with Disabilities can be found here. A list of each program's Technical Standards can be found here.
What is the Center’s Criminal Background Check Policy?

All students, without promises of immunity or threats of coercion must agree to allow Center for Allied Health Education (CAHE) to conduct a criminal background investigation prior to commencing the clinical phase of their education. Should a student refuse to allow Center for Allied Health Education to conduct a criminal background investigation; or the results of the background investigation are positive; the matter will be brought to the Center’s legal counsel for review and determination based on Center for Allied Health Education’s standing policy.

At any time during a student’s enrollment, a criminal background check may be performed by Center for Allied Health Education and/or any of its clinical affiliates. If a student’s criminal background investigation administered by Center for Allied Health Education and or any of its clinical affiliates (whether the student is being investigated for the first time or being re-investigated) is positive they will be placed on clinical probation and will not be allowed to return to the clinic. The result of the criminal background investigation will be brought to the Center’s legal counsel for review and determination based on Center for Allied Health Education’s standing policy.


What are the Center's admission requirements?
Admission requirements for the Center are as follows:
  • Applicants must be 18 years old.
  • Applicants must meet the "Technical Standards" of their program.
  • Applicants must have a high school diploma (HSED/GED is acceptable).
Please note that only if High School is the highest level of education completed, a HSED/GED would need to be provided if the applicant previously attended an online high school, was homeschooled, or possesses specifically an IEP Diploma.

Specific programs may have additional admission requirements. Please refer to CAHE's Admissions Page for specific requirements.
How can I apply to the Center?
Persons interested in applying to the Center can:
What documents are required to enroll into the programs?
The first step in the application process is completing the online application, available on www.cahe.edu/apply. Once the initial application and non-refundable application fee have been submitted, applicants should forward all supplemental documents found on the Application Checklist to the Admissions Department.
How can I be exempt from taking the entrance exam?
Applicants, who possess an associate's degree or greater from an accredited institution in the United States at the time of applying, are automatically exempt from taking the math and reading portions of the entrance exam.
Students who have completed the equivalent of an associate's degree or greater from an accredited institution abroad are automatically exempt from the math portion of the exam, but may be subject to taking the reading portion.

Additionally, applicants who do not possess a degree and meet at least one of the criteria in each section below will be exempt from the respective entrance examination section(s):

  • A minimum grade of a "C" on a college-level, credit bearing English Literature course of three or more credits.
  • A minimum SAT score of 470 in Critical Reading or ACT score of 19 in English.

  • A minimum grade of a "C" on a college-level, credit bearing Math course of three or more credits.
  • A minimum SAT score of 490 in Math or ACT score of 20 in Math.

*Paramedic Applicants Only: Applicants who have received an 80% or above on their most recent New York State Written Certification Examination will be exempt from the EMT Knowledge section of the Entrance Exam.

*Medical Applicants Only: No entrance exam is required for the Medical Assistant Program. Applicants should submit the online application, gather all available transcripts and proceed to schedule their interview.

Applicants scheduled to take the exam can CLICK HERE to prepare/study. Individuals who take and do not successfully pass the entrance exam will have the ability to re-take it one time. Those who successfully pass the exam will move forward to the final step of the Admissions Process (interview with Program Staff).
What is the Center’s Transfer Credit Policy?
Transferability of Coursework

College Credit

The Center for Allied Health Education offers curricula measured in clock hours, not credit hours. Certificates of completion are issued to students who meet clock hour requirements (as well as all other applicable graduation requirements). The granting of any college credit to students who participated in and/or completed a program at the Center is solely at the discretion of the institution of higher education that the student may opt to subsequently attend.

Affiliation Agreements

For the majority of its programs, The Center for Allied Health Education has affiliation agreements in place with colleges that guarantee the granting of credits to students who complete those programs. For information regarding the affiliation agreements pertaining to individual programs, please contact the Center's administrative office.

Transfer Students Policy

Transfer students from a two-year or four-year educational institution accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or United States Department of Education can receive credit for courses taken at previous institutions, which allow for individualized progression through their program (Please refer to the Transfer Credit policy).

Admissions Procedure

Transfer students may be accepted to the Center at the beginning of a term. Unless otherwise noted, the general admission procedures described applies to all students seeking to transfer from acceptable accredited educational institution. Transfer students seeking to transfer from an acceptable accredited certificate program can apply for advanced standing (Please refer to the Advanced Standing policy).

Transfer Credit/Hours

If an applicant is accepted into a program, they may request that their previous coursework be evaluated and transferred. If such a request is received, his or her records will be examined carefully to determine how much, if any, transfer credit will be granted. Transfer students follow the same course progression as incoming students. The following are the minimum grade requirements an applicant must have earned in a course in order for the course to be transferred and applied towards their graduation requirements:

Course Type Grade Quality Points
General Education C 3.0
Pre-Requisite C 3.0

The maximum number of transfer credits granted to students transferring from a two-year institution may not exceed 30 credits. Transfer students from four-year institutions can receive approximately 90 credits. A tentative statement of transfer credit is provided to each student upon notification of admission to the program. The applicant will be notified on the tentative transfer statement whether additional transcripts are required. A final statement of transfer credit will be provided during the admissions process.

Multiple factors are taken into consideration when reviewing and evaluating previous coursework for the purpose of transfer credit. As a result, no transfer of coursework is guaranteed, even when coursework meets the requirements listed above.

Will the coursework completed at CAHE transfer to other schools or colleges?

Center for Allied Health Education has affiliation agreements in place with St. Francis College and Clarion University that stipulates that graduates of the Center may receive credits towards a degree from their institution after completing certain programs. We encourage all applicants to review the "Affiliates" tab listed in each program for a better understanding of affiliated colleges by program.

Besides for the institutions listed above, CAHE is unable to guarantee that its hours will transfer to other schools or colleges. Individuals should contact the institution of interest to learn about their transfer policies.

Where are clinical rotations held?
Clinical experiences are available for all enrolled students as they progress to that portion of the program. Clinical Education is an integral part of each program offered by Center for Allied Health Education. It allows the student to develop the concepts and skills taught in the classroom and apply them to patients in a clinical setting. Skills are learned in the classroom, demonstrated in the laboratory and are refined in the clinic. Working alongside qualified clinical staff with real patients provides students with the opportunity to develop confidence, become competent in their skills, and accustomed to the healthcare environment they will ultimately seek to work in. Center for Allied Health Education is proud of its strong clinical affiliates, which include major hospitals and clinical sites throughout the metropolitan area.
What is the Center's Admissions Process?
Center for Allied Health Education has a straight-forward THREE-STEP process for admission into its full-time programs. Visit the "Admission" tab on the left-hand side of each program for a complete breakdown of the admissions process for your program of interest.
How should my admission documents be submitted?
Instructions on how to submit admission documents may be found on the Application Checklist.

Financial Information

How do I find out how much my program will cost? What is the refund policy?
Each program's tuition, fees and refund policy is published on the institution's website, as well as in the Institutional Catalog, Enrollment Agreement and other materials.
CAHE participates in Title IV Federal Financial Aid
Questions regarding the financial aid process can be addressed to financialaid@cahe.edu or by calling 718-645-3500.
Are veterans eligible for educational benefits at CAHE?
All of Center for Allied Health Education's programs are approved by the New York State Approving Agency for the training of student veterans and other eligible persons. Veterans and/or and other eligible persons may be eligible to use education benefits for all of the Center's programs.
Where should I start?
Applicants should start by completing their FAFSA application so that our financial aid department can determine their eligibility.
What is the website for the FAFSA?
What is CAHE's School Code?
Am I tied in if I complete a FAFSA application?
No, a FAFSA is purely informational. Once CAHE receives your submitted FAFSA application, the financial aid department can inform you of your eligibility; however, you are not tied in or obligated to anything.
Which FAFSA should I complete?
For programs beginning prior to July 1, 2021, please complete the 2020-21 FAFSA. You will need your 2018 taxes.
Will I need my parent's info?
To determine if you are an independent student, please visit the following website: studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/dependency
If you are a dependent student, you will need to provide parental information.
The maximum Pell grant for 2020-21 is $6,345.
The current interest rate for Subsidized and Unsubsidized student loans is 2.75%* and the Parent PLUS loan interest rate for parents of dependent students is 5.30%*. (*As of July 1, 2020).
How long will it take the financial aid department to get back to me?
The financial aid department may take up to a week to get back to you upon submission of your FAFSA application.
How much am I eligible for?
Financial aid will get back to you with that information upon completion and submission of your FAFSA application.
Are there any scholarships available?
There are no internal scholarships available; however, you can do an external search for scholarships that relate to the program you are enrolling into.
After you complete your FAFSA application, our Financial Aid Office will send you a FA Offer/College Financing Plan, or a request for additional information via email. The email will outline the steps needed to move forward with the financial aid process.

Clinical Clearance

Why is it important to schedule a physician's appointment during the suggested timeframe?
It is important not to be clinically cleared too early in order for your clearance to maintain validity for the entire academic year.
How long is clinical clearance valid for?
Clinical clearance is valid for one year. Students in two-year programs will be give instructions on how to obtain clearance prior to senior year orientation. Please keep in mind that the clinical clearance process going into the second year is simpler (less tests involved) and less costly.
What happens if one is not cleared by the stated deadline?
Please note that there is some leeway with the clearance deadline. Students are encouraged to be cleared by orientation and can always e-mail clinicalclearance@cahe.edu with any questions. However, during orientation, CAHE's Registrar Service Coordinator will review any questions regarding clinical clearance. For late enrollees: we understand that you may need additional time for clearance and are more flexible with the deadline.
What happens if one does not have prior CPR certification?
Students with no prior CPR certification do NOT need to obtain it on their own. CPR certification is part of the first quarter curriculum and proof of certification should be updated to CastleBranch upon completion.
For students who do have prior CPR certification- Why is the CPR/BLS certification being rejected when uploaded to CastleBranch?
CPR Certification is part of CAHE's first quarter curriculum. ONLY CAHE CPR/BLS cards are approved in CastleBranch. If you have previously achieved certification, you would still have to redo it in order for the card to maintain validity for the duration of your enrollment.

Why is my paperwork being rejected?
CAHE needs to see immunity for MMR, Vericella and Hepatitis B. All students must get bloodwork drawn. If bloodwork results comes back positive for all of the above, the student can be cleared once paperwork is uploaded to CastleBranch. If one of the above results comes back negative, the following series of events will likely have to take place:
-Students have to get an initial "booster" upon receiving any negative results. They must then go back in FOUR WEEKS for a Titer to confirm that the booster improved immunity.
IMPORTANT: Students will get medically cleared after submitting proof of the booster. However, they will still be responsible for completing the titer requirement afterwards.
What is the difference between Hepatitis B surface antibody and antigen?
Surface Antibody is to detect antibodies and the lab report should be positive. Surface Antigen is to detect an active infection in an individuals' body and the report should be negative.
Although it is on the required list of lab work, please remind your physician to order BOTH of the above Hepatitis B requirements, as it is sometimes excluded from the list of their requested lab work.
If the results are opposite of what they should be for the Hepatitis B lab work, a booster/titer/ HEP B series will be required.
IMPORTANT: Students will get medically cleared after submitting proof of the booster, or having started the series. However, they will still be responsible for completing additional requirements/treatment afterwards.
Is the flu shot required?
The flu shot is required. Please note that flu season is generally from late August to March. If you are being cleared outside of flu season, you can hold off on getting the flu shot until it becomes available.
Which drug test option should be selected in LabCorp?
The "Employment Drug Testing" should be selected. Please visit www.labcorp.com to find a nearby LabCorp location to schedule your drug screening.
Supporting documentation must be a scanned PDF, NOT a picture. For a free scanning app for your phone click the link below: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/mobile-app/scan-documents.html
Once my paperwork is uploaded to CastleBranch, how long does it take to officially be clinically cleared?
Generally, the process takes up to 3-4 business days if all paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
What do I do if I have additional questions pertaining to the clinical clearance process?
All clinical clearance questions/concerns should be e-mailed to clinicalclearance@cahe.edu with your name in the Subject line.